- Setup instructions for Amazon Echo
- Setup instructions for Google Home
- Enabling guest access on mobile devices
- Adding a calendar to your property
- Enabling notifications
- Configuring VCS to handle questions when there are no answers defined
- Providing digital coupons to guests
- Alternatives for opening a conversation with the Virtual Concierge
- Release notes
Release version 5.6.0 (6/3/2020)
- The periodic email report has been adjusted. There are now two sections. The first section lists the topics that guests have asked about, and the content items that were presented. The second section lists topics that guests have asked about, but there were no custom content items that matched the topics.
Release version 4.21.3 (3/27/2020)
- Fixed an issue where saying "more" or "more choices" would not work properly when navigating through the menu.
Release version 4.21.0 (3/24/2020)
- A save and publish feature has been added, which gives you the ability to save your changes, and publish them separately at another time. This feature also gives you the ability to revert back to a previously published version. The last five published versions are available for restore.
- Loading content from another property will now also copy all the files (pictures, audio, and video).
Release version 4.18.3 (2/6/2020)
- Fixed a defect where certain content items could not be edited.
Release version 4.14.0 (12/21/2019)
- You can now add attach a digital coupon to a content item, which allows guests to receive discounts at local businesses that you have pre-arragenments with. For more information, visit the support article Providing digital coupons to guests.
Release version 4.13.0 (12/18/2019)
- Your guests may now tell the Virtual Concierge that they have checked in, and an email or text message will be sent to the contact that you have assigned to the feature. This feature can be enabled in the Guest Communication section of the Management Portal.
Release version 4.11.0 (12/10/2019)
- On the Custom Content screen, the Reset Inputs button has been replaced by a Test Content button, which allows you to chat with the Virtual Concierge to test your custom content. Interactions via this method will not affect your analytics.
Release version 4.7.0 (11/20/2019)
- You now have the ability to copy all custom content and configuration settings from one property to multiple others. This option is found under the Properties > Multi-Property Management menu. This menu item is only available if you have more than one property.
- You now have to ability to update your payment method while your subscription is still active.
Release version 4.6.0 (11/13/2019)
- You can now attach a custom audio file to your host welcome message.
Release version 4.5.0 (11/11/2019)
- You now have the option to allow Virtual Concierge Service to notify you via text message in real time if a guest asks a question about property information that you do not have content for. The text message will allow you to provide content immediately, which will be sent back to the guest, and saved to your content so that the next time a guest asks that question, the content will be there.
Release version 4.3.3 (10/14/2019)
- Fixed a bug where tags were unable to be applied to certain parent level categories.
Release version 4.2.0 (9/18/2019)
- Analytics and insights via utilization reports in the Portal are now available to help you manage and optimize your custom content.
Release version 3.8.0 (8/12/2019)
- You can now upload audio files to your content items and the Virtual Concierge will play the audio. Audio files cannot be combined with video files.
Release version 3.7.0 (7/31/2019)
- You can now export your custom content to a backup file, and re-import it. Please ensure that you save your content before it is exported to ensure that the backup file has the latest changes.
Release version 3.6.1 (7/26/2019)
- Fixed an issue where check-out notifications were not working properly.
Release version 3.6.0 (7/23/2019)
- You can now enter a custom host welcome message that will only be presented to your guests the first time they access the skill during their stay, based on your reservation calendar.
Release version 3.5.1 (7/22/2019)
- Fixed issue where if a contact method in Guest Communication was selected without having any saved contacts, the application would throw an error.
Release version 3.5.0 (7/17/2019)
- You can now create communication contacts at the account level and assign them to individual property integrations.
Release version 3.2.0 (6/17/2019)
- You can now specify what time you would like the check-out notification to be sent to your Amazon Echo device(s).
Release version 2.13.10 (5/31/2019)
- Fixed issue with error when asking for upcoming local events.
Release version 2.13.9 (5/29/2019)
- Fixed issue where the automated checkout reminder notification would fail if the property name has special characters.
Release version 2.13.1 (5/11/2019)
- Fixed issue where adding a new property would fail for the first time.
Release version 2.13.0 (5/9/2019)
- Fixed issue where importing a calendar would fail if the calendar data was too large.
Release version 2.12.0 (5/6/2019)
- You can now receive an email or text notification when your guest tells the Virtual Cocnierge that they're ready to check-out.
- Upon check-out, your guest can be presented with an optional check-out survey pertaining to their experience staying at your property.
Release version 2.11.0 (4/30/2019)
- The Virtual Concierge can now send a notification to your Echo device(s) to remind your guests about checkout based on your reservation calendar.
Release version 2.10.0 (4/11/2019)
- You can now add your calendar to your Virtual Concierge property and have the option to greet your guests by name based on your calendar's reservation schedule.
- The Permissions menu item has been removed from the left navigation as the feature has been discontinued.
Release version 2.9.0 (3/25/2019)
- When a guest asks about a local business and if you have not provide specific content for that business, the Virtual Concierge will now attempt to locate that business using Google Places to provide basic information, such as the phone number and address. This feature is currently only available for the Amazon Echo.
Release version 2.3.0 (2/4/2019)
- When a guest says something that is not understood by the Virtual Concierge, the skill will now try to recommend similar items instead.
Release version 2.1.0 (12/31/2018)
- Hostfully customers can now import their guidebooks to the Virtual Concierge.
Release version 1.20.2 (12/6/2018)
- Fixed an issue where the skill would crash on Echo devices with displays when no welcome message was entered.
Release version 1.16.0 (10/10/2018)
- You now have the ability to upload videos and background images to your custom content. Currently, this feature is only supported by Amazon Echo devices with displays, such as the Echo Show.
Release version 1.15.0 (9/18/2018)
- Guests can now access upcoming events by saying "tell me about events." Owners/managers can opt out of automatic events through the Owner Portal.
- First iteration of support for Echo Shows. Text is now displayed on the screen. Additional support will be coming in future releases.
Release version 1.14.0 (9/3/2018)
- You can now allow your guest(s) to contact you for specific issues through the virtual concierge by checking on the option under Host Information.
Release version 1.13.2 (8/26/2018)
- Fixed an issue with sending feedback through the Feedback form in the Portal.
Release version 1.13.1 (8/24/2018)
- Fixed an issue where Yelp searches did not work for properties with email addresses with the "+" symbol.
Release version 1.12.0 (8/13/2018)
- You can now delete a property that is linked to your Virtual Concierge account.
Release version 1.11.0 (8/7/2018)
- You can now add multiple tags to an item in your custom content.
Release version 1.10.0 (8/2/2018)
- You can now add the same tag to multiple items in your custom content. When doing so, Alexa or Google Home will present all the items listed with that tag.
Release version 1.9.0 (7/19/2018)
- A new Google Assistant skill called "The Mobile Concierge" was released. This version was created specifically for guests to easily access your Virtual Concierge content on their phones by entering your passcode without needing to link their Google account.
Release version 1.8.0 (7/15/2018)
- Yelp has been integrated into the custom content. If an item is connected to Yelp, then your voice assistance device will be able to provide the current address, business hours, and phone number automatically.
Release version 1.5.1 (6/19/2018)
- Fixed issue where subscribing to certain subscription plans would fail.
Release version 1.3.0 (6/8/2018)
- Launch of the new Virtual Concierge Store, where you can buy pre-programmed Smart Home kits and Virtual Concierge signs to further improve your guests' experience.
Release version 1.2.3 (6/4/2018)
- When logging into your account, the email is now case insensitive.
Release version 1.2.2 (5/25/2018)
Release version 1.2.1 (5/21/2018)
- Fixed issue where editing an item would sometimes go to the wrong item.
Release version 1.2.0 (5/18/2018)
- You can now manage multiple properties using a single Virtual Concierge account.
- You can now grant an optional property manager permissions to manage your custom content.
- You can now copy content from one property to another if you have two or more properties linked to your Virtual Concierge account.
- You can now upload an image of your property to make it easier to recognize which property you are managing in the case of having multiple properties.
- The "Feedback" menu option has been moved to the top menu bar in the "Account" drop down.
Release version 1.1.2 (5/16/2018)
- Fixed issue where Alexa would not recognize the word "two" correctly, and instead interpret it as "tours."
Release version 1.1.1 (5/3/2018)
- Fixed issue where certain versions of the Safari browser on MacBooks and iPads could not save or edit content in the Management Portal.
Release version 1.1.0 (4/28/2018)
- Property name and address are now required fields in the Management Portal
Release version 1.0.1 (4/22/2018)
- Updated the Phone Instructions document to support the 2nd Generation Virtual Concierge.
Release version 1.0.0 of the 2nd Generation Virtual Concierge
- A brand new Management Portal with a completely customizable tree of content.
- Introduction of "Tags" for quick access to content items.
- A menu of options so users know everything that Alexa or Google Home knows about your property, but still with the option of naturally asking questions, such as "Tell me about..."