Table of Contents
- Changes to This Policy
- Who We Are
- How This Policy Applies
- What We Collect and Receive
- How We Use This Information
- European Union Users
- How This Information Is Shared
- Data Transfers
- Your Rights
- Cookies and other Technologies
- Data Protection Officer
- Data Protection Authority
Changes to This Policy
We may update this Policy from time to time. If we do, we’ll let you know about any material changes, either by notifying you on the Site or by sending you an email. New versions of this Policy will never apply retroactively — we’ll tell you the exact date they go into effect. If you keep using the Virtual Concierge after a change, that means you accept this Policy.
Who We Are
Answer Anything LLC (creators of the Virtual Concierge Service, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, representatives, consultants, employees, officers, and directors — collectively, “Virtual Concierge Service,” “VCS”, “we,” or “us”) provides services that help hospitality hosts from individual vacation rental owners, to large property management companies, to hotels (“Hosts”) add value to their guest’s experience using AI voice assistant apps and smart home technology. We are a Limited Liability Company based outside of Seattle, WA.
How This Policy Applies
What We Collect and Receive
In order for you to create an account on VCS and use our Services, we need to collect and process certain information. Depending on your use of the Services, that may include:
- Information you provide by completing forms on VCS— your name, your company name, email and postal addresses, telephone number, country of residence, login, and password details. We may ask for this information if you register as a user of the Services, subscribe to communication we offer, upload or submit content through VCS, or if you contact us;
- Details of any requests or transactions you make through the Services. VCS partners with other companies (such as Braintree) for payment processing, and the payment information you submit is collected and used by them in accordance with their privacy policies (for Braintree’s, click here). VCS doesn’t store your payment information apart from the last four digits of your credit card or bank account (as applicable), expiration date, and country, which we may require for tax, government regulatory, and security purposes;
- Information about your activity on and interaction with VCS, such as your IP address, the type of device or browser you use, and your actions on the Sites;
- Information about the ways people visit and interact with our Sites, in the form of traffic analytics. You can opt out of being included in Google Analytics here. For more information about our use of data analytics to protect and improve our Services, see Cookies and other Technologies;
- Communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem);
- Information that you submit on or to VCS in the form of comments, contributions to discussions, or messages to other users; and
- The email address associated with your Amazon or Google account that you use to enable the VCS Services at your properties.
How We Use This Information
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To keep your account secure and protect our Services (including to verify the identities of creators and prevent fraud and abuse);
- To enable us to provide you with our Services, and to improve and promote our Services;
- To create and administer your account, contact you, and customize your experience on VCS; and
- To track and analyze use of the Services so that we can improve how VCS is performing and provide users with the best experience possible.
European Union Users
Data protection law in Europe requires a “lawful basis” for collecting and retaining personal information from citizens or residents of the European Economic Area. Our lawful bases include:
- Performing the contract we have with you: In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligation to deliver the Services.
- Legal compliance: Sometimes the law says we need to collect and use your data. For example, tax laws may require us to retain records of payments made through our Services.
Legitimate interests: This is a technical term in data protection law which essentially means we have a good and fair reason to use your data and we do so in ways which do not hurt your interests and rights. We sometimes require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way that might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and that does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.For example, we may use identity, device, and location information to prevent fraud and abuse and to keep the Services secure. We may also send you promotional communications about our Services, subject to your right to control whether we do so.We analyze how users interact with our Sites so we can understand better what elements of the design are working well and which are not working so well. This allows us to improve and develop the quality of the online experience we offer all our users.
How This Information Is Shared
Information that's shared publicly
The only circumstance in which your information would be shared publicly is associated with user testimonials, reviews or comments. This information is generally shared anonymously, however we may ask for your permission to use your name. In those circumstances, your name is the only personal information shared, with your consent.
Information that isn't shared publicly
The following data will not be publicly displayed or revealed to other users:
- Any payment information you provide;
- Your password details;
- Your IP address;
- Your phone number;
- Your address;
- The name of your business;
- The property address(es) where you use the virtual concierge;
- Communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem).
Information that's shared with trusted third-party services
We may share your information with certain trusted third-party services to help us provide, improve, promote, or protect VCS’s Services (like when we partner with payment processors, or use services that help us manage our ads on other sites). When we share data with third-party services that support our delivery of the VCS Services, we require that they use your information only for the purposes we’ve authorized, and that they protect your personal information at least to the same standards we do. We may also share information that’s aggregated and anonymized in a way that it doesn’t directly identify you.
Information that's shared to protect VCS and comply with the law
We do reserve the right to disclose personal information when we believe that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or law enforcement, to prevent fraud or abuse, or to protect VCS’s legal rights, property, or the safety of VCS, its employees, users, or others.
Links to other websites and services
We will retain your information as long as your account is active, as necessary to provide you with the Services or as otherwise set forth in this Policy. We will also retain and use this information as necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy and to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements and protect VCS’s legal rights.
We also collect and maintain aggregated, anonymized or pseudonymized information which we may retain indefinitely to protect the safety and security of our Site, improve our Services or comply with legal obligations.
Users residing in certain countries, including the EU, are afforded certain rights regarding their personal information. Except where an exception or exemption applies, these rights include the ability to access, correct, and request deletion of your personal information.
You can request a copy of your personal data from VCS, or modify or delete personal information that you have provided to us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may retain certain information as required by law or as necessary for our legitimate business purposes.
We take security seriously, and the security of your personal data is important to us. We follow industry-standard practices to protect the data we collect and maintain, including using Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt information as it travels over the internet. No method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely secure, so VCS cannot guarantee its absolute security. Your account information is protected by a password, which you should choose carefully and keep secure.
We encourage the responsible disclosure of vulnerabilities of our Services by emailing email@example.com.
Cookies and other Technologies
What they are
Cookies are small data files that are issued to your device when you visit a website and that store information about your use of a service. Pixel tags (which are also called clear GIFs, web beacons, or pixels) are little snippets of code or tiny images embedded on websites and in email that help us learn how you interact with our site and emails.
Why we use them
How they work
When you visit VCS, our web server sends a cookie to your device, which allows us to recognize your device (but not the specific person using it). By associating the identification numbers in the cookies with other account information when, for example, you log in to our Services, we know that the cookie information relates to your user account. Similarly, pixel tags on VCS and in email communications help us identify how your device is being used to interact with VCS content. Some of the tags and cookies used by our Services are served by us, and some are served by trusted partners who are delivering services on our behalf.
Some examples of the types of cookies and other technologies VCS uses:
VCS uses authentication cookies and similar technologies to tell us when you’re logged in to VCS.
Some cookies help us provide localized experiences — for example, by making sure you see VCS in your preferred language.
Site features and services
Performance cookies help us route traffic between servers and understand how VCS is performing, so we can provide you with the best experience possible. We may use third party software development kits (SDK) in our Sites to collect information about activity in the app, the type of device and operating system it is running on and how the Services are functioning. For example an SDK may send us a report if the Service crashes, and reports on which features are used more than others.
Analytics and research
Social Media Platforms
Cookies and other technologies make interacting with social media platforms more seamless. For example, when you’re signed into social media accounts while you use our Services, these technologies enable you to share content with your social network or, in some cases, log in using your social media credentials. These features are usually controlled by the social media platform you are using and are governed by its separate privacy policies and the preferences you set with that service.
You can control certain cookies
Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so depends on the type of cookie. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. Blocking or deleting cookies may prevent you from using most of our Services. To find out more about how to enable, disable, or delete cookies from your web browser, please visit here. To control flash cookies, which may be used on certain websites from time to time, you can go here. Why? Because flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings.
Our Do Not Track Policy
Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
Certain options you select are browser- and device-specific.
Data Protection Officer
To contact our Data Protection Officer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can contact us in writing at:
Answer Anything, LLC
30610 NE Tolt Hill Rd
Carnation, WA 98014
30610 NE Tolt Hill Rd
Carnation, WA 98014
Data Protection Authority
Subject to applicable law, if you are a citizen or resident of the European Economic Area, you also have the right to (i) object to VCS’s use of your personal information and (ii) lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
People under 18 (or the legal age in your jurisdiction) are not permitted to use VCS on their own. VCS does not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 and children under 13 are not permitted to register for an account or use our Services.
If you believe that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under age 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we’ll delete it.
Updated: July 2018