- Setup instructions for Amazon Echo
- Setup instructions for Google Home
- Enabling guest access on mobile devices
- Adding a calendar to your property
- Enabling notifications
- Configuring VCS to handle questions when there are no answers defined
- Providing digital coupons to guests
- Alternatives for opening a conversation with the Virtual Concierge
- Account Groups
- Release notes
Alternatives for opening a conversation with the Virtual Concierge
If you would like to change the way that guests access the Virtual Concierge, you can do so:
- For Alexa, you can set up an alternative to "Alexa, use the concierge service"
- For Google Assistant, you can set up an alternative to "Hey Google, talk to the virtual concierge"
Both Amazon and Google have a structure called a ‘Routine’ that makes it possible. Here are some examples of what you can do:
- To keep it short and sweet, you can bring up the Virtual Concierge with "Alexa, concierge" (Or "Hey Google, concierge").
- If your property was called "Rustic Roost", you can personalize the experience and make it possible for guests to say "Alexa, Rustic Roost information" (Or "Hey Google, Rustic Roost information")
- If you have guests that have a hard time pronouncing "concierge", you can invoke the Virtual Concierge with the phrase "Alexa, house help". (Or "Hey Google, house help")
Instructions for Amazon Alexa
Create a Routine in the Alexa app (the app is available for iPhone & Android). Here are instructions for creating an Alexa Routine. Specifically for the Virtual Concierge:
- Under "When this happens": Choose "Voice", and then enter the phrase you would like.
- Under "Add action": Choose "Skills", and then select "Virtual Concierge Service"
Instructions for Google Assistant
Create a Routine in the Google Home app (the app is available for iPhone & Android). Here are instructions for creating a Routine (look under ‘Create a custom routine).. Specifically for the Virtual Concierge:
- Under "When": Choose "Add command", and then enter the phrase you would like.
- Under "Assistant will": Choose "Add action", and enter "talk to the virtual concierge".