- Setup instructions for Amazon Echo
- Setup instructions for Google Home
- Enabling guest access on mobile devices
- Adding a calendar to your property
- Enabling notifications
- Configuring VCS to handle questions when there are no answers defined
- Providing digital coupons to guests
- Alternatives for opening a conversation with the Virtual Concierge
- Release notes
Setup instructions for Amazon Echo
Get an Echo or Dot from Amazon
If you haven't done that yet, please use the picture links below. The price is the same as going to Amazon.com directly.
- We recommend setting up a separate Amazon account for your vacation rental. For details of why and a trick to do it easily, please see this resource.
- Follow the normal setup instructions to get it online at your vacation rental.
- If you haven't done that yet, please use the picture links below. The price is the same as going to Amazon.com directly.
Enable the Virtual Concierge Skill
- Login to the Alexa Companion App here, using the Amazon account you created for your vacation rental.
- Go to 'Skills', and search for 'Virtual Concierge Service'.
- Select 'Virtual Concierge Service', select 'Enable', and sign in.
Provide your customized answers
- Go to our Management Portal.
- Sign up, and then click Add Property. From there, login with the Amazon account you created for your vacation rental.
- Select your property and follow the instructions to save your tailored content.
Virtual Concierge Service is available globally wherever Amazon has made Alexa available. It is available in English in the US, UK, Ireland, Canada, Australia, NZ and India. Outside of these countries, the Virtual Concierge is available in English, and your Echo need to be setup as a US-based device. Here’s how to do that.
This is a blurb Amazon requires when you link to products on Amazon.com: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.